Beds - pieces of furniture on 4 pillars, the main purpose of which is to sleep or rest a person in a horizontal position. Mostly installed in bedrooms, living rooms. The secondary function is to refine the interior depending on the chosen style of the room.
Online shop in Latvia offers you to buy beds made in modern style at a bargain price (prices are listed on our website).
What are the types of beds?
Main types of beds, taking into account the constructional features are the following:
- Classic option.
- Transformers (sofa-bed, chair-bed, etc.)
- Bases for mattresses.
- Functional models for use in narrow niches - for example, medical beds with a lifting mechanism.
Types of materials used in the manufacturing process:
- with textile elements.
Classification by the presence of the headboard:
- without headboard;
- with one headboard (back or front);
- with two headboards.
Classification based on age group:
- For babies and kids.
- For adults.
Depending on the size of the mattress, the following varieties are distinguished:
- Single beds (90x200 cm);
- Double beds (140х200 cm);
- King (160 x 200 cm);
- Grand King (180 x 200 cm).
Which width of the bed to choose?
What to consider when choosing the bed width:
- Who will sleep on it (child, adult, 2 adults).
- Poses in which you\they fill most comfortable in to fall asleep.
- How you\they sleep: calm or anxious.
- The presence of discomfort / comfort when falling asleep within a large space.
- How many pillows need to be placed in a place of rest for a comfortable rest.
- If there are children in the family, keep in mind that they like to spend time in the mornings in the “nest” of their parents, so it is better to choose furniture in a family format.
How to place a bed in the bedroom?
To avoid a premature waking up due to bright sunlights, place a bed with the headboard to the east or north.
To create a sense of security at the subconscious level, place a bed diagonally across the room (from the entrance to the corner of the wall). Thus the owner of the room will always see who wants to invade his space.
Choose the most quiet place. For example, away from the window or walls, behind which are noisy neighbors.
Place the bed away from the balcony door or window opening so as not to freeze when airing the room during the cold season.
From our online shop you can separately order stylish headboards for beds, as well as beds itself delivered in Riga and in other regions of the country. For more details on the terms of sales please contact our managers in any convenient way.
What are the advantages of Askona beds?
Primarily, in the variety of choices, styles and components. In modern and attractive design. Unique designs created in our own design bureau. Unique fabrics created in the world weaving mills based on our designs. The fabrics possess moisture- and dirt-repellent properties. High-quality long lasting and hypoallergenic materials with no harmful emissions. Bed bases are bonded by metallic frames with powder cover. The frames endure vast loads, whereas the powder prevents rust, thus increasing the operation period of the product. In this respect, we provide extended warranty period of 10 years. The beds are equipped with storage drawers allowing to make use of any available space underneath. The covers can be removed from the perimeter for washing or replaced by new ones in order to maintain the original appearance of the bed. All sizes availability, as well as possibility of adjusting the size of bed to your personal parameters.
How to select a bed?
- Calculate the size of the sleeping area by measuring the place designated for a bed. Furthermore, it should be noted that the size of a bed is always slightly bigger than that of a sleeping area. Sleeping area is the area for the mattress. Decide whether the passage towards the bed is going to be from one or both sides. The most comfortable space between the bed and another object/a wall is over 50cm. The more space there is, the easier it will be to lie down on or get up from the bed. Additional space shall be considered should there be bedside tables.
- Select the material of the bed. Natural wood, fabric cover, metal, wood chipboard etc.
- Decide whether storage drawers are needed
- In case headboard height is important, decide its minimum and maximum height
- Distance between the floor and the base of the bed. If space is required under the bed for robot vacuum cleaner, consider a bed with tall legs and narrow base, so that the distance between the floor and the bed is approximately 7-10cm. In most cases, beds with tall legs and narrow perimeter come with no storage drawers.
- Select a bad that matches the design of your bedroom, your taste and character. If you like reading in bed or settling back on the headboard, then you should choose a bed with soft headboard. If you prefer not to hide the wall decor, you can select a bed with no headboard.
- Select material colour
- Select a model with convenient price